About the opportunity
Capacity-building projects are international cooperation projects based on multilateral partnerships between organisations active in the field of youth. The action aims to
- raise the capacity of organisations working with young people outside formal learning
- promote non-formal learning activities in non-EU countries not associated to the Programme, especially targeting young people with fewer opportunities, to improve the level of competences and encourage young people’s participation in society
- support youth work in non-EU countries not associated to the Programme, improving its quality and recognition
- support new non-formal learning mobility schemes in non-EU countries not associated to the Programme
- contribute to the EU Youth Strategy (2019-2027)
- close gaps with formal education systems and/or the labour market
Who can apply
The following types of organisation can apply as coordinator.
- NGOs (including European Youth NGOs and national Youth Councils) working in the field of youth
- local, regional or national public authorities
These apply on behalf of all participating organisations. Coordinators must be established and located in the EU or a Programme Country.
Any organisation, public or private, with its affiliated entities (if any), working with or for young people outside formal settings established in an Erasmus+ Programme or Partner country can participate.
- non-profit organisations, associations, NGOs (including European Youth NGOs)
- national Youth Councils
- public authorities at local, regional or national level
- education or research institutions
While capacity building projects are targeted to these types of non-profit organisations, public or private companies may be included. Examples are small, medium or large enterprises, including social enterprises. However a clear added value must be demonstrated. In a capacity building objective, coordination tasks must be limited to non-profit organisations.
1, 2 or 3 years. This must be chosen at application stage, based on the objective of the project and on the type of activities foreseen over time.
Related funding opportunities